South Loop School is a diverse school in the heart of Chicago’s South Loop. South Loop serves families within the neighborhood boundaries and throughout the city of Chicago through its Regional Gifted Center, Fine Arts Magnet Cluster Program, Early Childhood Center, and Community School.
Students who live within the school’s attendance boundary can enroll automatically and do not have to apply. See below for documents required for registration.
Students who live outside the attendance boundary must submit a Standard Elementary Schools application between October and December. Available seats, if any, are filled via computerized lottery. Priority is given to applicants with a sibling who is currently enrolled in the school in grade K-7, and who will remain enrolled in the school for the coming school year.
VIRTUAL SCHOOL TOURS
We are currently not offering in-person tours.
Pre-K Virtual Tour – https://tinyurl.com/SLSPreschoolVirtualTour
Primary Virtual Tour – https://tinyurl.com/SLSPrimaryVirtualTour
Middle School Virtual Tour – https://tinyurl.com/SLSMiddleSchoolVirtualTour
Early registration is recommended so the administration can adequately plan for teacher assignments. Registration must be in person and opens the first Monday in April.
WHERE TO REGISTER
Registration is at the Middle School Office only
1601 South Dearborn Street
8:30am – 12:30pm (Summer registration)
Monday thru Friday, except Chicago Public Schools holidays
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR REGISTRATION:
Required with NO EXCEPTIONS:
1.Parent/Guardian’s IL Driver’s License or State ID with current boundary address. If you recently moved, please bring the paper copy issued by the Department of Transportation
2. Original Lease/Mortgage- Bring the entire lease agreement
3. Proof of current address with includes but is not limited to any of the two of the following documents:
4. Proof of age includes, but is not limited to, the following original documents:
5. Immunization Requirements- We can provide you with the medical forms to take to your primary physician
Medical, eye and dental records:
The following must be provided during registration or as soon as they are available to you (before October 1, 2022).=
Medical Compliance Resources:
• Preschool: If you have a child who will be three years or four years old on or by September 1, and are interested in a preschool program, please visit www.cps.edu/ChicagoEarlyLearning. For personal assistance, please contact the South Loop Early Childhood Center at (773) 534-9066 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Kindergarten: Child must be 5 years old but not yet 6 on or by September 1st
• 1st Grade: Child must be 6 but not yet 7 on or by September 1st