Track and Field is available for boys and girls. Athletes compete in various events against other schools across the city. Each athlete must be able to provide his/her transportation to/from meets. Attendance at team practices and competitions is required.
- Eligibility: Enrollment is open to all students in grades 5th-8th.
- Season: Spring.
- Commitment: Mondays and Wednesdays 3:30 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Fee: None
- Contact: Ms. Bitz (5/6 Grade); Mr. Doyle (7/8 Grade)
There is typically 1 open meet (informal meet to gain familiarization with the events) and then 1-3 formal meets, depending on whether the team or individual qualifies for the next round. Meets last ~3 hours. Kids can wear spikes (1/4″ or smaller).
- Running Events: 100M; 200M; 400M; 800M (5/6 grade only); 1600M (7/8 grade only)
- Field Events: Long Jump; Shot Put
- Relay Events: 4x100M Relay; Sprint Medley (7/8 grade only)
Individuals can participate in up to 3 events per meet (2 races; 1 field). The school can have up to 2 contestants per individual event and 1 relay team per relay race.