South Loop has a long history of Girl Scouts with a number of active troops. Participation in Girl Scouts provides girl-led opportunities to learn leadership qualities, engage in service projects, develop friendships, and learn new skills.
- Enrollment: Grades K-6th, contact troop leaders for available spots.
- Fee: Yes, $25 fee for Girl Scout registration (required, financial aid available); troop leader(s) set fees for each troop, typically ~$50 per year.
- Meetings: Typically meet twice a month; troop leader(s) provide dates and location.
- Contact: Troop leader, click Learn More to view individual contacts
Participation in Girl Scouts provides girl-led opportunities to learn leadership qualities, engage in service projects, develop friendships, and learn new skills. Our South Loop troops have enjoyed activities ranging from camping trips, crafts, cookie sales (of course!), service projects at nursing homes and food kitchens, overnights at museums, and much more!
South Loop has a long history of Girl Scouts with a number of active troops. Girl Scout alumnae show a higher sense of self, community service and civic engagement than those who do not participate.
Current South Loop Elementary Girl Scout Troops and Leader contacts are below:
- Kindergarten – Troop Leader / Troop Need
- Grade 1 – Ashley Hoambrecker and Janean Kwan
- Grade 2 – Grant Davis
- Grade 3 – Sue Parkand Lindsay Rhodes
- Grade 4 – Karen Davidand Janean Kwan
- Grade 5 – Aimee Boone,Eden Hurd-Smith, and Angelica Prado
- Grade 6 – Beatrice Koonmen and Wendy Miller
- Grade 7 – Aimee Booneand Jennifer Rakstad
- Grade 8 – Amanda Shanbaum, Saleema Syed, and Nicole Williams
To inquire on troop availability, reach out to the appropriate leader listed above.
To form a troop for a grade not listed above or for any other questions, reach out to ?.