Who: Students from all schools in grades K-8th are welcome to attend.
When: Monday, April 10th – Thursday, April 13th. There will not be camp Friday, April 14th as it is a holiday. Camp will run from 8:00am-6:00pm daily. Daily registration options are available.
Where: South Loop Elementary School – 1212 S. Plymouth Court, Chicago, IL 60605
What: Students will partake in a variety of fun and engaging activities including: art, drama, dance, recreation and games, movies, music, service learning, science experiments and more! Groups will be split by age. A detailed camp schedule will be available on the South Loop website by April 1st.
Field Trips: Campers will go on a field trip to the Field Museum on Thursday, April 13th. 5th-8th grade students will also go to the Showplace Icon Movie Theater to see a movie.
Cost: Campers can register by the day. Camp runs from 8:00am-6:00pm daily at $60/day. A 25% sibling discount is offered per additional child.
Income based financial assistance is available for students who are ineligible for or have been denied by Child Care Action Assistance (CCA). A CCA denial letter is required for students within the eligible age range. Please email email@example.com for more information on financial assistance.
- Breakfast, lunch and snack are not provided. Students must bring a lunch and snack each day. Students will not be allowed to order food or leave to get food.
- Should the weather allow, students will go outside for recess time.
- Your child’s safety is paramount and therefore they will not be released to any non-guardian unless their name is on the list of approved pickups. Anyone on that list must present a photo ID to the attendant at the front desk before they will be allowed to pick up your child.
- A $1 late fee is charged every minute for pick-ups after 6:05pm per family. For example, if a child is picked up at 6:06, the family is charged $1. If a child is picked up at 6:21, the family is charged a $16 fee, and so on. If a child is picked up at or before 6:05, there is no charge to the family. Extenuating circumstances will be taken into consideration for late pick-ups.
- Emailed cancellations are required no later than Thursday, April 6th. Parents are responsible for program fees if cancellations are made after the deadline.
How to Register: To register, complete the online form at: youth-guidance.asapconnected.
For help using the registration/payment website, please read the following: How to use the ASAP Portal
You must fill out the online form and pay by March 31st to be fully registered.
- Spots are reserved on a first come, first serve basis.
- No walk-ins will be allowed. Pre-registration is required.
Registration closes Friday, March 31st.
How to Pay: Payments must be submitted at registration for your child to attend. Payments can be made online or sent to the downtown Youth Guidance office. Payments will not be accepted at the school.
- Pay by check: Youth Guidance, ATTN: Tuition Department, 1 N. La Salle Street, Suite 900, Chicago, IL 60602. Please include your child’s name and ‘South Loop’ in the memo section of each check.
- Pay online: youth-guidance.asapconnected.
- If you have an outstanding balance with Youth Guidance, your student will not be able to attend Spring Break Camp until the balance is paid in full.
Contact Information: Contact Krystle Strange (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Daphne Martin (email@example.com) with any questions.