The Department of Arts Education is excited to announce that submissions are now open for PERFORMANCE SLOTS in the first ever RE*VER*BER*ATE, a free multidisciplinary arts festival for the Chicago Public Schools community in downtown Chicago on April 27th-30th, 2023!
The deadline for submissions is next Monday, January 30th
This four-day event is open to all CPS students but will cater to an elementary school-specific experience on Thursday and Friday. We will provide students in PreK – 12th grades with exhibition and performance opportunities, as well as workshops, portfolio reviews/audition workshops, Fine and Performing Arts high school fairs, and college/career connections. The partnerships currently include: The Department of Cultural Affairs and Special Events at the City of Chicago, the Design Museum, Columbia College Chicago, The Goodman Theater, Art on theMART, and SoundTrap by Spotify.
When’s the deadline to submit and when will I find out if I was selected?
Submission Window for all Performing Arts (PreK-12)
Date: Before January 30th, 2023
Notification of Acceptance
Date: February 10th, 2023 (via email)
Deadline to Submit Media Releases
Date: April 1st, 2023
Failure to submit a media release will result in removal from showcasing at the festival
REVERBERATE Showcase Dates
Date: April 27th – April 30th, 2023
Time: 10:00am – 4:00pm
Exciting, right? Wondering how you can participate?
Here are the forms to fill out to submit student performances for festival consideration. Dance, Music, and Theater are all combined into a single submission location.
- RE*VER*BER*ATE Performing Arts – Large Ensemble Submissions
- Large Ensemble submissions are open to teachers only and if selected, require that there is teacher support for the performance.
- RE*VER*BER*ATE Performing Arts – Solo, Duet, and Small Ensemble Submissions
- Solo and Small Ensemble submissions may be submitted by the students themselves, by a teacher, or a parent/guardian on the student’s behalf.
- Please note that if selected, any students in this category that are in PreK-8th grade will require teacher or parental/guardian presence for the performance.