Dear CPS Family,
As we continue to navigate our response to COVID-19, our top priority is keeping our students and educators safe while we continue to support our students. As you know, the district made necessary changes to the 2021–22 high school admissions process to better meet our families’ needs during the current public health crisis, and I am writing today with details about the upcoming winter NWEA MAP Growth test administration for GoCPS considerations.
We will offer the winter NWEA MAP Growth test in person at our school on Tuesday, January 12, 2020 and Wednesday, January 13, 2020 for students in sixth, seventh, or eighth grades applying for academic centers or high school programs with academic criteria for the selection process. Examples of programs with academic criteria include selective enrollment programs as well as some IB programs, Career Technical Education programs, and military programs.
If your child is applying for GoCPS programs with academic criteria you should note the following:
- Students who already have eligible NWEA scores are not required to test. The highest NWEA score will be used for applications from any of the eligible windows (Winter 2021, Winter 2020, Fall 2020, and Spring 2019).
- Students without eligible NWEA scores need to test in order to participate in the application process.
- Only students who have met the minimum eligibility requirements will be allowed to test.
- Students not applying to programs with academic criteria are not able to test.
- Families may choose whether to take math, reading, or both tests.
- Families may choose to complete the reading and math tests on the same day or over two separate days.
In order to help us plan and ensure students can safely take exams in person, please let us know if your child will take the winter NWEA MAP exam in person by completing this SURVEY by Friday, December 4, 2020. Please note that completing this survey is not an application for any of the previously-mentioned GoCPS programs.
To keep our students and staff safe during in-person testing, we will implement the following protocols at our school:
- We will fully sanitize all rooms before and after testing, in line with the district’s enhanced cleaning procedures.
- Computers and other equipment will be cleaned and disinfected using the provided wipes in each classroom.
- Anyone entering the building will be required to complete an online health screener and pass a temperature check.
- Anyone entering the building will be required to wash their hands with soap and water or use hand sanitizer.
- All students and staff will be required to wear a cloth face covering while inside the building, including during the test and testing breaks. Masks can be removed for eating and drinking, and strict social distancing will be required when masks are removed.
- Students will be seated six feet apart in rooms with no more than 50 people and at no more than 25 percent capacity.
- During testing breaks, students will remain in their testing room and maintain strict social distancing.
- We will implement restroom break procedures to ensure all students entering a restroom are socially distanced, wearing cloth face coverings, and cleaning their hands.
- We will establish and communicate clear arrival and dismissal procedures.
We are glad we are able to provide your child with an opportunity to begin planning for their future. Please remember to complete the above survey by Friday, December 4, 2020, and please feel free to reach out to Principal Shelton, firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.