If you have accepted a high school offer for fall, please read the information below. Feel free to contact Mrs. Brewer if you have any questions.
The deadline for students to apply to Freshman Connection is rapidly approaching (June 14). School counselors are an integral part of Freshman Connection’s success and it is vital that elementary school counselors assist students in registering for Freshman Connection.
Why should your students join Freshman Connection?
Freshman Connection is a unique summer program the merges academics and social/emotional learning. Students will:
- Be offered the opportunity to enhance their readiness for high school by participating in math and English language arts academic classes that will have an engaging, activity-based curriculum and will set them up for success their freshman year.
- Be provided with a daily school counseling lesson that will focus on fundamental skills and information to prepare students for high school.
- Participate in fun and meaningful team building exercises and field trips that will build meaningful relationships with their peers and the staff in their future high school!
Freshman Connection will help students enter their freshman year with confidence and an understanding of high school expectations with the end results of higher rates of FOT.
2019 Freshman Connection Participant Application
Once students receive a signed permission slip from their parents (or verbal consent), the school counselor(s) should help the student complete their Freshman Connection Participant application at school. The application can be found on the GoCPS site. https://go.cps.edu/freshman-connection
It is important that school counselors build out time during the school day to help your students complete this application prior to the deadline on Friday, June 14.
- Click here for the list of schools that are hosting a Freshman Connection program through CPS
- Permission Slips: English | Spanish
- Elementary school counselors should keep signed permission slips for the duration of the summer. Permission slips can be discarded at the start of the 2019-20 school year.
Review the Frequently Asked Questions.
Please direct any additional questions to Manuel French or Liliana Ponce at email@example.com.