Chitown Tutoring and South Loop Middle School have finalized the arrangements for drop-in tutoring. This email is divided into the following sections:
- General Information
- Payment Plans
- Payment Methods
- How To Sign Up For Tutoring
- Before Every Tutoring Session
- After Every Tutoring Session
- Contact Information
- Day: Wednesdays
- Time: 3:30 pm to 5:30 pm
- Grade levels: 5th through 8th
- Subjects: math, science, reading, and writing
- Location: South Loop Middle School (1601 S. Dearborn St, Chicago, IL 60616)
- Start date: December 1, 2021 (Wednesday)
Payments are billed per drop-in session. That means that students can stay as long as they want without incurring additional cost for staying the entire two hours. Parents can sign up for the following plans:
- As hoc (as needed): $50/session
- 5 session: $45/session ($25 savings)
- 10 sessions: $40/session ($100 savings)
- 15+ sessions: $35/session ($225 savings)
If you are unsure about which plan you want to enroll in, contact the tutor coordinator (Siri Omene) either by phone or email (contact information is the last section of this page).
Parents can pay using the following payment methods:
- Zelle- Phone 312-210-2261
- Venmo: Phone: 312-210-2261 Email: email@example.com
- Paypal: Phone: 312-210-2261 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cash App: Phone: 312-210-2261
- Check: Pay to
- Name: Chitown Tutoring, LLC
- Memo: South Loop Middle School Tutoring
How To Sign Up For Tutoring
Parents must follow ALL three steps in order to sign up their child for tutoring. Your child cannot participate in tutoring unless ALL these steps are followed.
- Parents: Fill out the interest form (if you have already done so, skip this step) : https://forms.gle/XxofDMdrvccfgEYB7
- Parents and children must sign the following
- Student-Parent Agreement form
- COVID-19 Waiver form
- Hold harmless form**
Before Every Tutoring Session
Every Monday, I will send a weekly sign-in link via email for parents to fill out to enroll their child in tutoring for that week. This needs to be done so that the tutor coordinator can dispatch an appropriate number of tutors
Weekly Sign-In Sheet: https://forms.gle/PNfo5SYEcCpjBbrM6
Failure to fill the form out will result in your child not being able to participate in tutoring for that week.
After Every Tutoring Session
Parents: Before picking up their children from drop-in tutoring, parents must fill out the weekly tutoring sheet to confirm that your child attended the session. Filling out this form means that the parent agrees to pay for the tutoring services that took place on that day.
Weekly Exit Ticket Sheet: https://forms.gle/U5wXpCYDwy2754GG9
Tutors: Tutors will fill out a tutoring synopsis sheet that will outline which student was tutored, what topics were discussed, strengths, weaknesses, and homework completed/to be completed.
Here is a sample tutoring synopsis sheet that the tutors will fill out after every session: https://forms.gle/6JuzLTrvuCfntCuR7
If you have any questions or comments regarding the tutoring arrangement, or if you are interested in private tutoring, reach out to the tutor coordinator by phone (call or text), or email.
Tutor coordinator: Siri Omene
Phone: 312-210-2261 (call or text)