Dear Middle School Parent,
Please join Chicago School GPS for our 11th Annual Public & Private Hidden Gems High School Fair held IN PERSON at the British School of Chicago on October 2, 2022 from 1-4pm. It is a unique and highly popular event where we bring together 30+ public, private & boarding “hidden gems” high schools that admit students from a wide variety of backgrounds but don’t require perfect grades or superior test scores. This is a wonderful opportunity for you and your 6th – 8th grade student to meet representatives from great schools you may not have previously known or considered and to take part in information sessions on a variety of topics aimed at both parents and students. See the attached flyer and below for additional information.
IN PERSON HOST VENUE:
British International School of Chicago is located at 161 W. 9th Street, Chicago, IL 60605.
AT THE FAIR:
Check-in begins at 12:30 PM. The main program will begin in the auditorium at 1pm. We are still finalizing the schedule, but it will look something like this:
- 1:00PM: Introduction from Chicago School GPS & British International School of Chicago
- Brief 1 minute presentation from each school, highlighting what is unique about their school (historically the most enlightening part of the Fair for families, so arrive by 1pm!)
- 1:45PM: School booths open & student ambassadors available
- 2:30PM-4PM: Half hour Informational sessions for parents:
- High School Admissions for public & private schools (Chicago School GPS)
- Entrance Exam Testing for CPS HSAT, HSPT & ISEE (Test Prep Chicago)
- Scholarship Information
- International Baccalaureate (IB) Programs Demystified
- 2:30PM-4PM: Half hour participation sessions for middle schoolers:
- Peer to Peer forums – high school ambassadors answer questions from middle schoolers
- Executive Functioning tips and tricks for high school by Better Education Consulting
SPREAD THE WORD
The more Chicago families know about how to widen their net, the better it is for all! Save with online registration: CSG HS Fair Registration ($15/family with pre-registration; same day & walk-in registration is $25/family – see attached flyer). Registration is not finalized until payment or arrangements for fee waivers are made.
Hope to see your family at the Fair!Ginger, Grace, and CarolynChicago School GPS