Attention 3rd- 8th Grade Parents
Each Year, Chicago Public School administers federally- required state assessments that help us gauge how our students are growing academically compared to their peers across the state. This test is South Loop School’s Digital Footprint potential families use to compare schools performance across our district. .
On Tuesday, March 14, 2023- April 21, 2023, your child will take th eIllinois Assessment of Readiness (IAR) which measures student mastery of the Illinois Learning Standards in English Language Arts/Literacy (3rd- 8th grade), Mathematics (3rd- 8th grade) and Science (5th and 8th grades only).
Students cannot study for a standardized assessment. but there are ways you can help your child prepare to do their very best:
- Ensure your child attends school daily during the assessment window.
- Eat a light breakfast daily
- Speak with your child about the assessment so that they understand why doing their very best is important
- Make sure your child gets a good night’s sleep the night before the assessment.
- Remind your child to take their time, listen to and read all directions, and tackle one question at a time.
- Have your child maintain a positive mindset by reminding them of their strengths and accomplishments.
|Student Readiness Tools to gain familiarity with the testing experience. (https://download.pearsonaccessnext.com/il/il-srt.html)
We are committed to your child’s academic success. Please let me know if you have any questions.