South Loop School’s Local School Council members are seeking to fill a community and a current 7th or 8th grade student member vacancy. Members serve two-year terms, with the exception of student representatives, who serve one-year terms. Interested candidates must complete several application forms. Submit completed forms and provide two proofs of residency to the main office located at 1212 S. Plymouth Court or 1601 S Dearborn
- Monitoring the school improvement plan—also known as their school’s CIWP.
- Monitoring the school’s budget and expenditures.
- Evaluating their school’s principal annually, as well as selecting a new contract principal for their school or renewing the contract of their current principal.
A community member is eligible to serve as a community representative if they:
- Are 17 years of age or older
- Reside in the attendance area or voting district of that school
- Are not the parent or legal guardian of a child currently enrolled at that school; and
- Are not an employee of the Board.
A student representative is eligible to serve on the LSC if they:
- Are a full-time student and appear on the attendance roster at the school
- Starting July 1, 2022, attends a school serving students up to 8th grade
- The student serves a one year term