I hope has had a great start to the school year. Our admin team has identified 198 students out of medical compliance.
CPS have been planning the best way for the City to provide our students access to vaccinations required for school attendance, including recommended vaccinations for influenza (Flu). This year a flu shot to prevent influenza is especially important because some of the symptoms of flu and COVID-19 are similar.
These supports add an additional health resource for our students beyond those provided by our School Based Health Centers and local Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHCs). See: https://findahealthcenter.hrsa.gov/
- Lurie Children’s Hospital Mobile has agreed to provide students in our school vaccination services based on appointment. The direct contact information for this provider is 312 227-2271 or
- The mobile hospital will visit on September 10th at 9am -3pm a the Primary Building (1212 S Plymouth Ct)
- A limited number of appointments will be available to comply with CDC guidelines.
- Opportunities for the public to gather will be discouraged and the program will operate a protocol to maintain 6 ft. between participants.
- Cloth face coverings must be worn by patients and hand sanitizing / washing protocol followed as appropriate.
- The Program would be implemented away from the Grab-and-Go Meal Distribution so as to limit any interference.