*UPDATE* March 11, 2021
Attention South Loop school parents / P-EBT recipients
The deadline for schools to make P-EBT mailing address changes was Wednesday, February 24th. All families that requested an address change through the school on or after the 24th are advised to contact IDHS directly and submit their change of mailing address. P-EBT requests can made directly to IDHS through this link:
Please note… If you are requesting that your P-EBT card be sent to South Loop School, please use the following address:
1212 South Plymouth Court
Chicago Illinois 60605
March 9, 2021
Dear CPS Families,
As part of the U.S. government’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic, all CPS students are now eligible for food benefits as a result of the Pandemic Electronic Benefit Transfer (P-EBT). Through P-EBT, eligible school children receive temporary emergency nutrition benefits in the form of funds loaded on an EBT card that can be used like a debit card to purchase food at any grocery store that accepts Link cards.
All CPS students, regardless of income or citizenship status, are eligible for P-EBT. Families will receive P-EBT cards automatically and do not need to complete an application. Each child will receive their own card mailed to their primary address in Aspen. Please ensure your address is up to date in order to receive this benefit.
Action required to ensure families receive P-EBT:
- Please ensure your address ( including apt #) is up-to-date in our system. Check your address in Parent Portal. If your address is incorrect, please email our school clerk’s firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org to update your address. You can also go to this link: IDHS: P-EBT Change of Address Form (state.il.us) and submit their request directly to IDHS.
- If a family doesn’t have an address they want to use, they can request to use the school’s address for the Primary building (1212 S Plymouth Ct Chicago, IL 60605). Email the school clerk’s if you prefer to use South Loop as your mailing address.
- Your P-EBT card will be mailed to the school where the student’s parent or guardian can pick it up. P-EBT cards cannot be distributed to the student directly.
- A parent/guardian for each student must sign for the card when they pick it up.
- New benefits will be loaded on P-EBT cards between the 11th and 22nd of each month moving forward through June 2021. Additional information can be found here .
Cards will be mailed in March and should arrive in an unmarked envelope. Families should keep their P-EBT card because future benefits will continue to be loaded onto the same card.