Welcome Back Lion Pride! We are excited to begin the 2019-20 school year! Here are some reminders to help us have a ROARING good first week back to school.
First Day of School is September 3, 2019.
- Primary Building Kdg- 3rd : 8:00 am- 3:00 pm at 1212 S Plymouth Ct
- Students can arrive as early as 7:30 am and must report to the lunchroom. Students can remain in the park only if supervised by a parent/guardian. SL staff will escort students to their classrooms at 8:00 am
- Students are tardy at 8:05 am
- Look for Parent Volunteer and SL Staff signs to help guide you to your child’s classroom. If your child isn’t listed on a class list, the volunteers will direct you to the main office.
- Parents may walk their child to class on the first day only to deliver school supplies.
- Families can also visit the main office to submit updated medical, eye and dental records, pay school fee ($75.00 per student) with a money order or cash).
Youth Guidance – After-school care will begin on the First Day of school.
- School/Gym Uniform : See Parent Handbook
- Students are expected to wear their school uniform every day.
- Wednesdays, beginning on September 25th are our school-wide Anti – Bully Day. Students can wear a solid purple shirt (ONLY) and blue jeans(ONLY) or the school uniform on this day.
- 8th grade out of uniform fundraiser will begin on Friday, September 27th.
- Designated gym days will be sent home the first week of school. Students are required to wear the school’s gym uniform or a solid grey shirt and navy blue bottom and gym shoes only. No exceptions. Failure to follow this policy will result in exclusion from gym activities. An alternative gym option will be provided.
- Failure to follow the school and gym uniform policy will result in exclusion from extra- curricular activities, detention and/or suspension for repeated offenses.
- Read your Parent Handbook to learn more about our school policies
- Parents, please do not park in the school parking lot between the hours of 7am – 4pm daily.
- Staff will not be asked to move their vehicle for blocked cars. If you need to visit the office please park on State Street. Follow all parking signs posted.
- The flow of traffic is extremely important to prevent traffic congestion. All students must be dropped off on 12th & Federal Street near or past the playground entrance. If you want to remain with your child, please park on State Street or 12th Plymouth Court beginning at the entrance of the playground. All other parking areas are designated for school buses.
- ABSOLUTELY NO PARKING ON FEDERAL ST. Students are dropped off on Federal Street. Federal Street must remain free of congestion.
- Do not park or drop off in front of the main school entrance. This area is reserved for bus pick-up and drop-off only.
- Extended Day families are expected to follow the flow of traffic at all times. We service several schools for After-school drop off. Plymouth Court must remain clear at all times. Do not drive north on Plymouth Court at any time. Plymouth Court is a one way street from 3:15 – 3:45 pm.
- Do Not Block our neighbor’s Driveway
All South Loop Parents/Guardians must:
- Drive east to 14th Federal Street.
- Make a right turn on 4th Federal Street
- Head north to playground entrance. Look for Kiss N Go volunteers.
- Keep pulling forward. BE PATIENT. Do not hop around the car in front of you for any reason.
- Students must be ready to hop out. Kiss and say good bye.
- Do not get out of your car. Do not wait until your child is inside of the playground. Do not open your trunk to retrieve any items.
- Keep moving forward.
- Turn right into the school’s parking lot. Head east.
- Turn right onto Plymouth Court. Head South.
- Turn left onto 14th Street.
Dismissal: See Parent Handbook
- We service other schools for bus drop off and pick up for our own students, please do not park on 12th Plymouth Court starting at the exit of the school’s parking lot to the first Big Brown Tree.
- 12th Plymouth Court is a one way Street 2:45 pm – 3:15 pm.
- Follow the same traffic pattern as drop off. You may park on 12th Federal Street .
- 124 & 127 will dismiss on 12th Federal Street: Door 7
- 131 will dismiss out of playground door 3
- 220, 221, and 224 will dismiss on 12th Plymouth Court. Look for Door 2
- 225, 226, and 205 will dismiss out of the main entrance: Door 1
- 207, 208 and 209 will dismiss out of playground door 6
- South Loop offers an after school program to support parent’s busy schedules by providing supervised engaging activities for our students. All students not enrolled in the Extended Day program are expected to be picked up by 3:10 pm.
- Any student remaining after 3:10 will be escorted to sit by the main office.
- We are a peanut and nut free school. If your child has any dietary needs please inform the classroom teacher and the main office on the first day of school.
- If your child brings his/her own lunch please send only healthy options. Sweets and any form of Flaming Hot chips are not allowed to prevent sharing.
KDG- 4th grades only: Acceptable Snack options. Finger Size only: Finger size Fresh fruit and vegetables are always encouraged.
- Pirate’s Booty-aged white cheddar, sour cream and onion, New York pizza
- Pringles Snack Pack-original, 100 calorie original
- Sun Chips-original, harvest cheddar, French onion, garden salsa, Jalapeno Jack
- Any single served baked chips
- Veggie chips
- Barnum’s Animal Crackers-original
- Cheez-It Crackers-original
- Pepperidge Farm Goldfish Crackers
- Townhouse Crackers-original, wheat, flipside pretzel
- Triscuit Crackers-original, garden herb, rosemary and olive oil, roasted garlic
- Water-non-flavored, non-sweetened, and non-carbonated
- Fresh fruit/vegetables
- Individually packaged apple sauce-squeeze packet
- Individually packaged vegetable sticks
- Skinny Pop Popcorn
- Smart Food Popcorn-white cheddar, reduced fat
- Rold Gold Pretzels-this, sticks, rods, tiny twists
- Fruit Snacks
- Fruit Roll-ups
- Special K Bars
- Teddy Grahams
We look forward to seeing everyone on Tuesday!