CPS is continuing to monitor the progression of COVID-19 closely and taking every precaution to safeguard the health and well being of our children and students across all schools. Please know we are always guided by public health recommendations.
Please see guidance below on school gatherings and events.
CPS and SLES Administration will continue to keep you updated as new information becomes available.
Staying healthy during school hours
We will take these preventative steps in school and ask the same at home:
- Wash your hands frequently with soap.
- Make frequent use of sanitizing wipes and hand sanitizers provided
- Cough or sneeze into the corner of your elbow/sleeve or cover your mouth and nose with a tissue.
- Clean and disinfect common surfaces and items.
- Remain at home if you feel ill, have a fever and / or cough, or if you live with someone who is currently in quarantine and they are starting to feel unwell.
- Seek medical attention as required.
- Wipe down shared desks.
School Gatherings and Events
We will have hand sanitizer available.
When attending events, all family members are asked to follow responsible flu prevention practices. If anyone in your family is exhibiting flu like symptoms, please do not attend any school events or gatherings.
If anyone in your family is returning from an impacted country, your family members should not attend a school gathering or event and should monitor their health for 14 days upon arrival home. In all situations, if any family member feels unwell, they should not attend any school gatherings or events.