I’d like to introduce to you an opportunity for South Loop Elementary’s upcoming 7th grade class, to celebrate all of their hard work, with their peers and teachers. We will embark on a science-based journey, exploring various mountains, caves, and trails throughout the Smoky Mountains, in Pigeon Forge, TN. We will also experience zip-lining through the forests, Dollywood Amusement Park, and an exploration of the quaint town of Gatlinburg. This is an addition to enjoying a Hatfield and McCoy Dinner show and numerous other things the city of Pigeon Forge has to offer. Finally, they’ll have a chance to visit Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s home and grave sight, as well the Georgia Aquarium before we depart back home, late Thursday evening. This is a fun-filled, unforgettable experience that will bring your child memories to last a lifetime…plus it gives you a nice break away from them, not that you need it.
- Dates: Monday, May 4, 2020 – Thursday, May 7, 2020
- Cost: Includes transportation to/from the airport; non-stop, round trip flight (typically Southwest Airlines); zip-lining adventure; day at Dollywood Amusement Park; hotel accommodations (equivalent to Holiday Inn), all QUALITY meals (except for the first breakfast at the airport); sightseeing and evening activities as well as medical insurance.
Register with $99 down, towards the total cost of $1,359 if you register by July 15, 2019. (After July 15, 2019 the cost will be $1,434).
- Chaperone to Student ratio of 1:6, which will all be South Loop staff members
- Students are allowed to choose whom they would like to room with, 4 to a room (boys only with boys, girls only with girls in the rooms at ALL times).
- Security guard who monitors the hallways of the hotel from 10pm – 6am, ensuring the safety of the students, and to ensure they remain in their rooms the entire night.
- Students are encouraged to bring cell phones to capture this amazing experience as much as possible, and for us to be able to contact them if potentially needed.
- They can also bring video game systems to use in the hotel rooms (at their own discretion, as the baggage handlers are not always the most gentle).
Photos from this year’s trip!