ATTENTION “LION PRIDE” Parents,
We are looking for two volunteers with experience in Law and/or participated on a Debate Team in high school or college to coach our middle school debate team. The commitment is one weekly meeting with the team before or after school and two –three CPS Saturday competitions. Email Mrs. Shelton if you are interested in volunteering to coach our team
Debate Club Description
The debate club is a great place for students to explore the art of “organized arguing.” The club could also help students to become more informed about political and global affairs, or provide a venue for students to train for debate competitions with local school, or at a national level
Students learn to create factual/logical, ethical and emotional arguments to persuade others that their “side” is correct. The club uses the formal debate format. Speech and debate skills help students to thrive academically and provide them with an advantage in their careers.
The club’s purpose is to teach and train students in the fundamentals of debate, public speaking and essay writing.
- Educate students about the art of speech and debate
- Teach students how to develop research, reasoning, organizational and essay writing skills
- Train students to be more confident speakers and debaters
- Help students build leadership skills and improve individual responsibility
- Teach students to work collaboratively
Sending a huge Thank- you and Gratitude to our former coaches, Rishi Agrawal and Baiju Malde for leading our team to many years of winning accolades