We made it through the first quarter of the school year! It has been a great start to the year and we are excited for what is to come next quarter and the rest of the year.
Report cards will be sent home next week. Remember that Parent Teacher Conferences will be held on November 21st. Classroom teachers will let parents know when it is time to schedule your appointment.
Please remember to always check the school calendar for important events!
Halloween Celebrations in the City
- Halloween is right around the corner, and the City of Chicago is planning a variety of fun activities through October 31 in communities across Chicago. www.chicagohalloweek.org Families can find events, including festivals, parades, and film screenings, near them.
- Safety is also a top priority this Halloween season, and the City of Chicago has developed six key guidelines that families should consider.
- Celebrate Halloweek with My CHI My Future! Please view the digital toolkit and the flyer for the events across Chicago!
Harvest Fest 2023
South Loop’s Harvest Fest held on October 31, 2022`
Please do not send candy, treats or sweets to school for distribution.
We are a candy, gum, peanut free and limited sweets school.
Students may wear costumes to school on October 31, 2022. K-3 students will participate in a parade. Classroom teachers will determine the time of the parade.
Primary Teachers may request parent volunteers for indoor or outdoor activities. All parents must be approved to volunteer- Level 2. Please provide a copy of your picture ID to Mrs. Shelton.
To ensure all students safely participate and enjoy classroom activities, we ask you follow the guidelines below:Students will be asked to remove any costume that is not following the guidelines listed below.
- If walking, masks should not be worn to or from school to ensure safety.
- Costumes can NOT include blood, knives, guns, or other depictions of weapons, monsters.
- Costumes should be respectful of individuals and groups in our society and may not depict political views, violence, gore, body mutilation, cultural or ethnic insensitivity
- Costumes which depict or encourage drug use, alcohol use, and/or gang activity are prohibited.
- Costumes must be respectful not exposing any inappropriate body parts.